The evidence of is mounted against you. Midnight runs for Haagen Daz, an empty carton of Ben and Jerry’s on the nightstand. Did I eat that? I don’t even remember doing it but I am feeling the effects of a sugar coma. I had never felt this way before. I was out of control!!
The Bittersweet Truth about SUGAR
In Spring of 2008, after my bioidentical hormone experiment led to a hysterectomy, gall bladder removal and polyps, a perfect storm was created in my body which when combined with my sugar addiction presented as squamous cell skin cancer. My husband, Alan, had already begun to eliminate sugar and refined carbs from his diet and was having amazing results, but I just couldn’t let go of my ice cream. 11months and 22 surgeries later I knew what I had to do –it was time to get this “sugar”monkey off my back.
Sugar Bankrupts your Immune System Bank Account
Did you know the average American consumes 160 lbs of sugar a year? Even small amounts of sugar can cause a 50% reduction in immune function for up to 5 hours after you eat it. Hard to fathom but it explains why diabetes, heart disease, and many other health issues are on the rise. Turns out, cancer cells thrive on sugar and I was fighting it. I needed to give my immune system every advantage I could offer, it was time to cut off the sugar life-line.
Breaking the Addiction ….Sweet Surrender!
I’m not going to tell you that this was easy… it was hell at first but I did it and you can too. Here are my tips for successful “withdrawal”
- Make a decision that this is life/death – understand and feel what happens if you don’t change
- Know your Sugar Facts: Read labels for sugar content (if there’s more than 5 g in any one product, don’t buy it)
- Try Gymnema Sylvestre (an herb that really helps curb the cravings and balance blood sugar)
- Substitute Stevia – only on occasion as a natural sweetener (I love the Stevia Clear brand liquid for taste and purity)
- Nourish your Body with Nutrient Dense Foods (Green stuff, nuts, seeds, healthy fats, quality proteins) – the more you feed your cells the things they need to thrive the less they will scream at you for things that ultimately destroy them.
I am not a health professional but have worked with many and now I am truly a success story. Don’t wait for that Wake up call, make the change now and start Enjoying the GOOD Life!